Frequently Asked Questions
Competition Rules and Regulations
These can be consulted on the rules and regulations page: click here
Monday, August 1, 2022 > Registration opening date
===> Online registration
Until Friday, October 7, 2022 > Online registration
Until Friday, October 14, 2022 > Samples reception
===> Registration by post
Until Friday, October 7, 2022 > Registration + samples reception
===> Key dates
Monday, November 7, 2022 > Concours des Chardonnay et Pinot Noir
Results will be published on the website after the competition.
Who can present wine?
- wine producers and winemakers
- groups of co-operative wineries
- wine merchants
What wines can compete?
The competition is open to all still or effervescent wines (red, rosé, white) made primarily from Chardonnay and/or Pinot Noir grapes, with or without a geographical denomination. Wines may be made from one or more varieties as long as a majority of Chardonnay or Pinot Noir grapes are used (alone or in a blend).
What must the wine analysis report contain?
An analysis report per wine (level of alcohol, glucose + fructose sugars, total and volatile acidity, so2, excess pressure from carbon dioxide for sparkling).
Which wines are allowed to compete?
All vintages are allowed in the competition.
How many products can be presented?
You are not limited in the number of products you can present. Wine merchants must have a mandate for the presentation of wines they do not own.
What should we write on the package for Customs?
The shipping and customs fees must be paid by the sender.
1. Choose "incoterm": DDP Delivered Duty Paid.
2. Specify in all your documents: "Value in customs 0.5 euros per product. Samples for tasting purposes only, no commercial value."
3. Add on all your documents our EORI number: FR 342 055 837 000 62. N° VAT Concours des Chardonnay et Pinot Noir: FR61342055837
4. CAUTION : Make sure that the total shipment value remains below €20 ( $20). If not, you will pay additional customs fees.
5. Some transporters, such as DHL and FedEx for example, add additional customs fees. Ask your transporter for information.
How many samples need to be sent?
3 labelled bottles per wine must be sent to the address indicated on the form. The wines must have a label and a cap.
Delivery time and address
When you register your products, you will receive an e-mail from us with a dispatch note containing all the important information about the delivery time and address.
Terms of delivery - Delivery from Non-EU countries
DDP Delivered Duty Paid (free delivery incl. customs clearance, duties and taxes).
Additional required texts - Delivery from Non-EU countries
Pls add to all customs document: "No commercial value - This is a sample consignment for professional tasting. The merchandise will not go on sale and is provided by the producer. Please finish the goods based on the invoice submitted, the sample value is stated on the invoice."